Avocados were once seen as being an unhealthy fruit. Why? Avocados contain fat. However, the fat that avocados contain are actually an extremely healthy fat, and a fat that our bodies need. This misunderstanding kept individuals away from this delicious and nutritious fruit. Now avocados are making a come back. Here’s why…
What is in an Avocado?
Avocados are packed full of nutrients and contain the following…
– Vitamins: K, C, B6, Pantothenic Acid, Folate, E
– Minerals: magnesium, potassium, iron, copper
– Healthy Fat: monounsaturated fat
Many Benefits of Avocados
1. Healthy Heart- the monounsaturated fat found in avocados help balance the lipids found in the blood
2. Healthy Skin & Hair- skin is more vibrant & hair is shinier when you eat avocados or apply them topically
3. Healthy Eyes- avocados contain the antioxidant lutein which keep eyes healthy
4. Weight Loss- avocados are very filling, giving us the desire to eat less
5. Improve Digestion- avocados contain fiber for better digestion, and help improve the gut lining
6. Prevent Diabetes- avocados help keep insulin and glucose levels in check
7. Balance Hormones- healthy fats help regulate hormones, resulting in better moods
8. Improve Cognitive Function- healthy fats help keep the nervous system functioning
Different Ways to Use Avocados
Avocados can be great eaten as is! But here are a few other ways to enjoy this wonderful fruit…
1. Put it on a Salad
2. Make it into Guacamole
3. Put it on a Sandwich
4. Add it to a Smoothie
5. Use it in Desserts such as chocolate pudding or chocolate mousse!
Are you concerned that you may be low in essential fatty acids? For more information, contact Balanced Health at 612-812-9121 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.