The warmth of the sun has begun to filter through the clouds as spring brings a transition from winter to summer. The daffodils and tulips have already bloomed and dropped their petals. As summer nears, many people are hoping to drop a few pounds. But why is maintaining a proper weight so important?
1. Helps prevent many diseases and health conditions.
2. Helps control current health conditions.
3. Lowers the risks of health issues such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, respiratory problems, and much more.
4. Increases energy.
5. Increases self-esteem.
What can we do to help achieve and maintain a proper weight?
– This can be as simple as a brisk walk everyday for 20 minutes or more.
– Other possible summertime activities include biking, in-line skating, running, paddling, swimming, etc.
2. Monitor Your Eating Habits
– Paleo Diet: Think like our Paleolithic ancestors, hunt and gather. Food options include meat, fish, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits, and healthy fats. It helps with weight loss and autoimmune diseases, and also increases the intake of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
– Ketogenic Diet: Consists of a high amount of fat, moderate amount of protein, and low amount of carbohydrates. It causes the body to burn fat instead of carbohydrates, which helps in weight loss.
– Calorie Restriction Diet: A low calorie intake based on the amount of calories previously consumed by the individual or in comparison to an average person with a similar body type. It limits the intake of calories to improve overall health and to slowdown the aging process.
– Garcinia: Helps with weight loss by blocking fat and suppressing appetite.
– Hoodia: A cactus-like plant that has become popular for weight loss.
– Green Coffee Bean: Known to help with weight loss due to its chlorogenic acid.
4. Emotional Support
– Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT): Psychological acupressure for emotional health to help eliminate negative emotions, increase positive goals, decrease food cravings, and decrease pain. If interested in learning more, Linda Kerr is an EFT practitioner and quantum healer located in the Helios Center in Menomonie, WI.
– Meditation: Just a few minutes of deep breathing in a meditative state can do wonders for the mind and body. Meditation helps lower cortisol levels (the stress hormone). By lowering our cortisol levels we can trim up that waist line.
– Detoxification helps cleanse the inside of our bodies, removing toxicity so that health issues do not occur. Often times toxins get in the way of achieving and maintaining a proper weight. If you’d like a custom designed detox for you or your pet, contact us at 612-812-9121.
**Always make sure you speak with a practitioner before starting any of the above diets, herbs, techniques, or before detoxing.