What You Can Do
– Wash Your Hands: Cold & flu are spread through direct contact. Germs can live for hours on an object that an infected person previously touched. Wash your hands often.
– Where to Sneeze & Cough: Sneeze & cough into a tissue or the inside of your elbow. You are less likely to spread germs this way.
– Avoid Touching Your Face: Cold & flu germs enter through our eyes, nose, and mouth. Avoid touching these areas as much as possible.
-Keep your body well hydrated by drinking more water than you normal would.
– Eat vegetables & fruits that are dark green, yellow, and red. These foods are loaded with vitamins & minerals to boost your immune system.
– Avoid White Foods: Remove grains, sugars, dairies, & sweeteners. These will decrease the function of the immune system.
– Aerobic exercise gets our hearts pumping and our blood moving.
– By breathing more due to exercise, oxygen gets transferred, which makes us sweat. This increases the number of healthy, germ-fighting cells.
– Relaxation helps to regulate the release of the stress hormone, cortisol. When your cortisol level is where it should be, your immune system is boosted.
Vitamins, Minerals, and More:
– Vitamin C: Helps the immune system fight infections & aids in flu prevention.
– Zinc: Helps maintain a healthy immune system by maintaining the function of white blood cells.
– Vitamin A: Helps maintain white blood cell function & supports the mucous membranes to ward off infection before it enters our bodies.
– Elderberry: Helps boost the immune system & has antioxidant properties. Elderberries also contain vitamins A & C.
– Hydrogen Peroxide: It has so many uses, including fending of colds & flu. If you are starting to show signs of being sick, put a dropper full in one ear and lie down for about 10 minutes. Then do the same on the other side.
– Herbal teas, hot lemon water, chicken broth: Heat helps boost the immune system.
– Add Garlic to Your Hot Beverages: Garlic is a natural antibiotic, anti fungal, and antibacterial.
– Add Cinnamon to Your Tea: Cinnamon is an antiviral & antibiotic.
For a homeopathic alternative to the flu vaccine, call Balanced Health at (612) 812-9121.