The Amazing Liver and What It Does For Us
The liver is a digestive organ and is the largest internal organ found within the human body. It is also considered one of the hardest working organs in the body as it does the following:
- Filters blood coming from the digestive system
- Stores blood
- Helps with blood clotting
- Produces bile, which helps improve digestion by breaking fats down into fatty acids
- Breaks down damaged blood cells, which are then eliminated
- Converts the nutrients found in foods
- Helps move nutrients throughout the body
- Removes toxic wastes
- Breaks down and eliminates excess hormones
- Stores vitamins and minerals for later use
- Makes cholesterol and triglycerides to keep the body healthy
- Turns carbohydrates into glucose for energy
It is crucial to keep this organ healthy and strong…
But how do we know if our liver is staying healthy, or if it is struggling and needs a little (or a lot of) TLC?
A Struggling Liver
There are a number of signs that could indicate a struggling liver. Here are just a few of those possible signs:
- Abdominal pain (especially in the center or right upper area of the abdomen)
- Jaundice (also known as yellowing of the skin)
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty concentrating
- Dark-colored urine
- Pale-colored or dark tar-like stool
- Easily bruised on body
- Swelling in the legs and ankles
- Excessive sweating
- Dry, dark patches on the neck and/or armpits
- High cholesterol
- PMS and/or irregular periods (hormonal imbalance)
- Mood swings
Causes of a Stressed Liver
Now that we know some signs of a struggling liver, what causes the liver to become stressed?
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- Consistent use of prescription drugs and antibiotics
- High stress
- Chemically-sprayed crop exposure (inhalation or consumption)
- Exposure to air pollutants
- Exposure to household chemical products
- Exposure to chemical beauty products
- The spread of certain organisms
- Eating highly processed foods, fast foods, high-sugar foods, and refined oils
What Can You Do?
Do you already know you have a stressed liver?
Do you have signs of a stressed liver?
The good news is that the liver can regenerate!!!
One of the most important things you can do for your liver is to avoid the things that cause it to be stressed as much as you possibly can. The liver can be cleansed and strengthened through proper liver detoxification, liver-supportive herbs, and homeopathic remedies.
Through a Balanced Health Scan, we can see where the resonating level of stress is on the liver and which remedies balance best to specifically support your bioenergetic health!
Disclaimer: All images displayed are believed to be in the “public domain” and are of unknown origin. If you are the rightful owner, please contact Balanced Health-PetMedella. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These services are designed for educational purposes only and are not intended to serve as medical advice. The information provided on this site and in reports should not be used for diagnosing or treating any health problem or disease. It is not a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you may have a health problem or need medical attention, you should consult your healthcare provider.