“I’m losing my mind!” – It’s an old joke, but one that has quite a bit of truth to it. There are times when our mind turns against us, or when it doesn’t work in the way we want or expect.
How can we ensure that our brain is working at its optimal level? Is there a way to stop from ‘losing our minds,’ when we don’t want to? Of course, plenty of sleep and exercise helps, but what may make the most important difference are the kinds of foods you’re eating.
It’s time to start saying ‘yes!’ to brain support food!
- Blueberries – blueberries feature both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Less inflammation means less brain aging and a potentially lower risk of neurodegenerative diseases. The antioxidant effects help brain cells communicate with one another, thus improving overall brain performance.
- Oily/Fatty Fish – An excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids, fatty fish like salmon and tuna are great for keeping your brain healthy. Omega-3 fatty acids are essential to building the barriers around each cell – including brain cells. Additionally, Omega-3s increase blood flow to the brain, ensuring better cognitive functioning.
- Walnuts – Aside from being heart healthy, walnuts improve your brain function and keep you full and satisfied after eating, due to their low carbohydrate and relatively high protein and fat counts. Pop some walnuts the next time you’re craving a snack and your brain will thank you!
- Turmeric – Curcumin is the active ingredient in turmeric, and also a strong antioxidant, like blueberries. In addition, Curcumin has been found in studies to be linked to a decreased risk of depression and Alzheimer’s Disease. It may boost memory and even help brain cells grow.
- COFFEE! – It’s official – coffee can be called a brain food! Yet another source of anti-inflammatory antioxidants, coffee has even more brain-boosting benefits. Coffee increases brain entropy, your brain’s ability to process complex and variable information. Coffee also contains caffeine, a chemical known for keeping people awake. The more awake and alert you are, the more likely you are to be able to take in and process information. However, like anything else, coffee is good in moderation – too much will make you jittery and scattered!
How Else Can I Boost My Brain Power?
A Balanced Health Full Scan can be a powerful tool! The Full Scan gives a wide range of resonating insights, including nutritional and hormonal imbalances, food and environmental sensitivities, along with a balancing regimen. With a Full Scan you can see exactly what bioenergetic nutritional imbalances might be keeping your brain from living up to its potential! Additionally, the scan will show you if you have any resonating sensitivities to the brain foods we’ve listed above. If you do, no worries! There are plenty of other brain foods the Balanced Health Full Scan can suggest for you!
Don’t Lose Your Mind!
Take action today – make up your mind to never ‘lose it’ again! Start adding these brain superfoods to your diet. Also, purchase a Balanced Health Full Scan – or any of our other scans – and see exactly what you need to start achieving health, balance and brain power!
Also, be sure to check out our post on properly washing your produce, to make sure you’re cleaning your superfoods correctly! Additionally, take a look at our Clean Eating post for yet another popular healthy eating trend!